I think the 1 MB limit is okay.

See for example yesterday's TFEE container. It is about 400 KB and it
consists of some 3 HTML and 1 CSS that sum up to nearly 2 MB!

But I must admit that single-file zipping would be a nicer way to do
it.

As for the fear of the activelinks forcing 1 MB downloads: If you are
a freesite author: Don't put your activelink in a 1 MB container; and
don't place other freesite's activelinks on your site that do such. If
you are a freesite visitor: avoid visiting those sites.

I also wish the people use the containers wisely. E.g. not putting
(big/large/many)images
and text files in the same container as the people browsing with images
deactivated would suffer.

The container - It's like Freenet in general, you can use it or you can
abuse it.

jnk

https://www.hushmail.com/services.php?subloc=messenger&l=434