Running v5028 on WinXP Home with Java 1.4.2.  I was
wondering if it might not be a good idea to close
incomming connections that have been idle for a long
time (I usually have quite a few that open as soon as
I start my node then stay idle forever).  I understand
new connections have a high cost, but surely a
connection that has been idle for 24 hours is not
being productive and should be closed to allow new,
possibly more productive connections.  Wouldn't this
allow the network to be more dynamic and possibly
allow the node to run longer before needing to be
restarted?  Isn't this especially true on nodes with a
limited number of connections (ie. Win9x)?