As you probably read in the "Decreasing upstream bandwidth over time in 6205" thread, I've been having the same kind of problem. (note: I am now using 6209)

It turns out that my QueriesPerHour is very high, like Salah's, although mine averages around 80,000. I've altered my freenet.ini as follows:

# The maximum number of outgoing connections established per maxRequestsInterval.
maxRequestsPerInterval=3000

I'll let you know what happens.

-Martin

Salah Coronya wrote:

Brandon Low wrote:
| Threadlimits probably aren't the issue any more, can you check how many
| queries per minute your node is accepting?  There is a default in the
| config file to only accept a max of 300 queries per minute, is it
| possible that that is the limit you are hitting?

* entries: 100
* Global mean traffic (queries per hour):13030.233333333334
* Local mean traffic (queries per hour): 93798.85356956748
* Current advertise probability: 0.02
* Current proportion of requests being accepted: 0.0

Sure looks like it. Local mean traffic (the number of incoming requests
to me?) seem to vary from about 30,000 an hour to 90,000 an hour. Seems
to be holding at about 60,000.

I'll reverting back to 120 threads and increase maxRequestsPerInterval
and see what happens.

<SNIP>