Ian Clarke wrote:

Ed Tomlinson wrote:

I thought so too...  I do not think so now.  Take a look at the metric
showing how many messages you are rejecting locally.  In my case when
the node gets busy I accept less than 1%.  So we have two number that
are telling use the pSF is really high.

I still don't quite understand - a search died probabilty of 1 indicates that the search *always* dies - which clearly can't be the case if we have successful transfers - what am I missing.

When you say the search died probability=1, are you looking at servlet/nodestatus/nodestatus.html or are you looking at the detail of one of the individual addresses? If the former, then click on one of the addresses and I think you'll find a probability of 0.9999999999998 or something like that.

If the detailed page actually shows a probability of 1, then we've got a real problem. My first guess in that case would be that there is some numerical rounding due to extreme closeness to 1.