> I'm new around here, so I hope this isn't too out of line... How come
> nobody around here snips out quoted material they're not specifically
> replying to?

The reason most often given is that several of the developers use an email
client where this isn't necessary and in fact is discouraged (i.e. Mutt).
I've never used mutt, but if it encourages user laziness to the extent that
it inconveniences others then I personally wouldn't recommend it to anybody
and would consider revolting against its use in public circles.

OTOH, you can probably tell this email was composed in Outlook Express so
what do I know?  ;-)