On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 02:12:55PM +0200, Some Guy wrote:
> Was NGR tested as extensively as freenet's original routing?  If not then why?
>
> You could have reused some of the same code from the first freenet paper.  Even now
> this  might
> still be a good idea.  Sorry if you guys have done this and I haven't heard, but I
> never was all
> that convinced by NGR.

Nope. Ian was dazzled by its beauty. But the main problem was that it's
virtually impossible to simulate NGRouting.

> What's up with this on the website?:
> Warning: open(/tmp/sess_5d3d65067aaf873dad0a01febf15c08b, O_RDWR) failed: No space
> left on device
> (28) in /home/groups/f/fr/freenet/htdocs/index.php on line 2
>

> "It's unstable what did you expect" vs. "You seperated me from freenet:-("
>
> If freenet formats my drive, burns my house down, and makes me sterile, even if I'm
> running the
> unstable version, I'd be peeved.  Some testers were expecting freenet to peform some
> for them in
> unstable, others weren't.  Can't we all just get along?

Unstable regularly breaks. The fork was no different. The problem is
that stable doesn't work and a lot of people who would use stable were
using unstable instead. AND I AM TRYING TO FIX THE BLOODY PROBLEM BY
PROTOTYPING NGROUTING ON A SEPARATE NETWORK, AREN'T I A BASTARD?

--
Matthew J Toseland - [EMAIL PROTECTED]