> > I don't see why testing it would be any harder than testing the old
> > routing as was done in the freenet paper(freenet.pdf 1999).  For the
> > paper the simulated 1000 nodes.  They didn't have move actual data
> > around.  The NG 10 points seems like less state per node to simulate
> > than the old system.
>
> It's not 10 points. It's 16 IIRC. But that's per estimator and we have a
> bunch of estimators and a bunch of decaying averages per node, which are
> then combined to get an estimate for a given key, which we use to route.
> But the big issue is that it's virtually impossible to simulate it
> because it involves timings and is intentionally highly sensitive to
> network conditions.

The last sentence is puzzling.  Many or most things that are simulated
involve timings.  Quite often they are sensitive to their network
conditions.  Usually the sensitivity is configurable, so they can be
highly sensitive if you like.

--
Jim Dixon  [EMAIL PROTECTED]   tel +44 117 982 0786  mobile +44 797 373 7881