> This would be really cool. Of course for the geeks using debian, we
> would ideally need a package that depended on Kaffe 1.1.X where X is the
> version where they fix NIO. That could then go (back) into the mainline
> unstable debian repository, so all debian users can just do apt-get
> install freenet-unstable (the current package of freenet is ancient and
> doesn't work).
> --
The last Debian package used 692 which seemed like a good choice with
all the talk about splitting the network.  It ran fine with Kaffe.  I
have a new package running 5031 but it required me to install j2sdk1.4.2
which goes against the grain for many Debian supporters.  I will think
long and hard about uploading it.  I may just make it available from
my web page.

Richard

P.S.  I had to change the Makefile and one source file to get it built.
Who keeps track of these things?