On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 03:11:56PM -0800, Richard A. Hecker wrote:
> > This would be really cool. Of course for the geeks using debian, we
> > would ideally need a package that depended on Kaffe 1.1.X where X is the
> > version where they fix NIO. That could then go (back) into the mainline
> > unstable debian repository, so all debian users can just do apt-get
> > install freenet-unstable (the current package of freenet is ancient and
> > doesn't work).
> > --
> The last Debian package used 692 which seemed like a good choice with
> all the talk about splitting the network.  It ran fine with Kaffe.  I
> have a new package running 5031 but it required me to install j2sdk1.4.2
> which goes against the grain for many Debian supporters.  I will think
> long and hard about uploading it.  I may just make it available from
> my web page.

2 possibilities:
1. Dalibor informs me that Kaffe's NIO support is improving rapidly.
Soon it will work. Hopefully. And it's needed for another significant
program too that they want to run.
2. Update the non-nio branch and use Kaffe with that, it should work.
But that could be a fair amount of work.

> Richard
>
> P.S.  I had to change the Makefile and one source file to get it built.
> Who keeps track of these things?

We all use ant...

--
Matthew J Toseland - [EMAIL PROTECTED]