On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 12:21:01PM +0000, Ian Clarke wrote:
> Zlatin Balevsky wrote:
> >So far NGRouting hasn't demonstrated ability to figure out its head from
> >its arse (pardon my french).  Why not remove all code but NGRouting and
> >let it figure out everything on its own, including world hunger and
> >price of fish </sarcasm>
>
> Possibly, but my feeling is that there could still be "route to the
> slowest node"-style bugs in the NGR code.  With this in mind, it is
> great that Tom Kaitchuck and others are investigating that code carefully.

I don't think so, because the last estimate seems to more or less
correlate to the order by transfers, on the node status page. But it's
possible there are major NGR bugs - there was one with transfer rates
fixed recently. However, I am pretty sure that our current QueryReject
behaviour is not conducive to NGRouting working well.

--
Matthew J Toseland - [EMAIL PROTECTED]