> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Postitive Trust == GNUnet modle.
> > My proposial impliments both.
>
> In which case, you'll have to answer Ian's objection:
> > And the disadvantage of such a system, as I have pointed out many
> > times in the past, is that new users get a terrible experience of
> > Freenet, which is a *very* bad thing for the network as new users
> > should be encouraged, not punished.

Read my proposial. I submit 2 ways of doing this. I agree that this is the biggest
problem, so I welcome more ideas, but we have no idea of how much of a problem it is
untel we impliment it. So lets do that.

> You'll also have to answer the question I had about GNUnet-style
> economic models: what crucial problem would be solved that wouldn't be
> solved by the plan I outlined
> (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.freenet.devel/8191)?

I could ask you the same question. The bottom line is that my proposal is a very easy
way of implementing exactly what you describe. I also agree with you that we need a
network fork with a good stable branch. So I say: set tDNF to infinity, so we have
unobtanum routing, then fix any problems and make that 0.5.3. Then on the
unstable/experimental branch we can play with time and trust routing.