Do you think that the following plugin for FF could be tweaked for
Freenet's use?
Torbutton (https://torbutton.torproject.org/dev/)

snip*
Torbutton is a 1-click way for Firefox users to enable or disable
the browser's use of Tor. It adds a panel to the statusbar that
says "Tor Enabled" (in green) or "Tor Disabled" (in red). The user
may click on the panel to toggle the status. If the user (or some
other extension) changes the proxy settings, the change is
automatically reflected in the statusbar.
*snip

--
Click here for free info on Graduate Degrees.
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4eSppCqn32Ka0XaIAmFt3LykzpBOKXIglqc02s3ygrGGDj7g/