Hi,

I've just had to apply the attached patch to Freenet in order to be able to connect to FProxy or the FCP server on a standard OS X box. I don't suggest applying this patch: this is almost certainly not how it's meant to work, but I'm thoroughly confused by all of this code...

Firstly, what's the necessity for the flag to enable the scope matching? The address string converter method puts a scope on, and since the flag wasn't turned on in this case, it wasn't matching the address and so it was getting rejected. Why we ever not want to match addresses with scopes?

Secondly, why is all this address matching necessary? The code in question starts off with an address object, converts it to bytes, converts that to a string, then matches the string against a regex to determine the address type. Why would just doing an instanceof not suffice here?

There's more that seems to me to be done unnecessarily inefficiently, but I'll stay on topic and leave it at that for now.

Dave