On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Christian Funder Sommerlund (Zero3)
<li...@zero3.dk> wrote:
> Evan Daniel skrev:
>>> Not a good option IMHO, although timing and priorities re merging and
>>> enabling web-pushing are debatable...
>>
>> I assume Google hasn't commented on a time frame for XHTML support?
>> I'm inclined to agree that we shouldn't wait on some unscheduled thing
>> that may or may not happen.
>
> If http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=710 is
> the issue you are talking about, then "Not currently feasible." :/

I really don't understand why the issue is the MIME type rather than
the DOCTYPE, but yes, that's the issue.

The comments about it being low priority seem to revolve around the
fact that the user experience is degraded with XHTML, and therefore
you shouldn't be using it anyway.  Note the dates, though: that was
the case in 2007, and even then it was clear that FF3 would change the
situation.  We're on FF3.5 now, and there's no reason to avoid XHTML
from a rendering standpoint.  XHTML can also do complex DOM
manipulation through scripts; it just can't do it with
document.write().

Evan Daniel