On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 1:03 PM, xor <x...@gmx.li> wrote:

> New UI? Huh? What is it supposed to be? A fproxy theme?

No, it will be based on GWT, and it will run along-side FProxy.  It will not
provide all the functionality of FProxy, the primary goal is to provide a
user-friendly interface for "casual" users.

> I don't think we have the time for implementing anything besides new themes
> before 0.8 we need to fix too many issues.

I agree, this is a parallel project, it will not block 0.8.

> I also haven't heard anything about a new Freetalk UI? :)

The idea is that the new UI will eventually incorporate Freetalk
functionality, and ultimately replace Freetalk's UI, but that is a long way
off.

The initial goal is to get a framework started that sets some
good precedents for a nice clean UI design that starts with the user's needs
and works backwards, rather than the other way around (which is more-or-less
how FProxy came about).

Ian.

--
Ian Clarke