2010/2/8 Clément Vollet <cvol...@gmail.com>

> What do you put behind "casual"? Will this UI target newbies as well as
> advanced users (an advanced user can not be interested in aiding the
> Freenet
> development effort), or is there a limit somewhere.

I think by "casual" we are referring to people who want to search for and
retrieve content, upload and share content, and participate in discussions.
 We are not referring to Freenet developers and testers, who will probably
need to continue to use FProxy.

> And also, if the aim is to target all casual users (from newbie to
> advanced),
> how will this be acheived? (since I don't think they both have the same
> workflow)

The challenge will be that it can meet the needs of diverse users.  If
Google can do it (and Google's UI is one of the inspirations for the new
mockup) then I think we can too.

I think the difference is that designing the UI properly requires a lot more
thought than the previous approach, which was basically to create the
fastest and most obvious UI layer to expose the functionality we had
implemented.

To put it another way, good UIs are designed starting with the user and
working backwards.  FProxy was designed more-or-less from the back forward.

Ian.

--
Ian Clarke
CEO, SenseArray