> On 04/28/2012 06:56 PM, Zlatin Balevsky wrote:
>> In Gnutella we observed that long-lived nodes tend to be better
>> connected and that they also cluster with other high-uptime nodes.
>> If the same is true for Freenet it's a good idea to keep an eye for
>> side effects as you tweak the behavior.
>
> Good to know - I'll look for that. Are there any particular effects
> you had in mind? The Metropolis-Hastings correction in the new probes
> should produce a fairly uniform distribution of endpoints despite
> clustering and well-connected nodes, but explicitly simulating the
> effects of high uptime could be helpful.

There was a study that higher uptime correlated with the probability
of further uptime so if you shift bias towards low-uptime nodes you
could end will lower overall reliability.  It was done on a different
network with different usage patterns but imho you should definitely
treat node uptime as a parameter in any simulations.