Hi toad,

I actually like activelinks: They provide persistence for referenced sites.

And when I look at the stats form digger3, I thnk we need the persistence.

Also each activelink shows that the page is still available.

Index authors can decide not to use activelinks (as linkageddon does), and I
don’t think there is any need to force the issue.

All the prefetch methods would hide that access, though.

Actually I don’t think that this is higher priority than killing db4o or update
channels or merging the ogg filters.

Also the activelinks have a huge advantage over including the images: The site
first loads, with missing images but all structure intact. AFAIK Including the
images in the site would make the initial download slower and that is far worse
than any later loading of images.

Best wishes,
Arne

--
Ein Würfel System - einfach saubere Regeln:

- http://1w6.org