This week I've been working on refinements in the command line tools,
and planning a more usable protocol to communicate with the DVCS UI plugin.

I added tracking for the last seen edition of repository lists. This
prevents repository lists always fetching edition 0, which can result in
an old version or a failure to fetch. However, there is still an initial
fetch from edition 0. One solution to this is setting a WoT property
that contains the repository list edition, but currently updating a
property triggers an immediate trust list insert, which is not
appropriate for something that could be updated quite often. There is a
bug filed to make this optional. [0]

I also added tolerance for repository lists giving multiple editions for
the same key, although they shouldn't, and ignore ambiguous
repositories. Next in this line of changes is preventing such repository
lists from being generated. I realize now that only the latter is
needed. Whoops.

Lastly, I'm designing and implementing a nicer protocol between the DVCS
UI plugin and a connected DVCS instance. I've published what I have so
far on the wiki. [1] I will expand this documentation as I add features,
and at the end of the summer add it to the plugin repository.

At a higher level, I'm adding these DVCS UI plugin features:

Initial:
1. List repositories published by an identity.
2. Select a remote and local repository and send a pull request.
3. Subscribe to a repository list to be notified about updates.

Full-Featured GitHub/Bitbucket clone:
4. Display notes other identities have set on repositories. These are
not comment threads, and each identity sets its own independently.
5. Display repository summary.
6. Show a bug listing. For Infocalypse this is b, but it will be others
for other DVCS.
7. Show a README on the summary page if one exists.

As always, the source code for these projects is available. [2][3]

Thanks,
operhiem1

[0] https://bugs.freenetproject.org/view.php?id=5789
[1] https://wiki.freenetproject.org/User:Operhiem1/DVCS_FCP