Nice article Arne.

While I hope there haven't been deliberate efforts to disrupt the project
through the psyops mechanisms you describe, I do think we do a pretty good
job of disrupting it ourselves sometimes.

The tone on this list frequently leaves a lot to be desired.  I'm not
blameless in this, although generally I try to only respond with negativity
<http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/07/linus-torvalds-defends-his-right-to-shame-linux-kernel-developers/>
with this problem.

Ian.