Hi,

Given the recent threads, I’d like to share some thoughts on working
together as community with a strong but covert adversary.

There are lots of ways to disrupt work without leaving obvious traces,
but most of them can be disarmed with a simple tactic:

    Stay friendly, stick together, keep honest and greet every
    newcomer as a potential ally.

And call out disrupting behaviour early on: If someone insults new
folks or takes up huge amounts of discussion time by rehashing old
discussions instead of talking about the way forward - in a way which
actually leads to going forward - then say that this is your
impression. Still stay friendly: Most of the time that’s not
intentional. And people can be affected by outside influences like
someone attacking them in other channels, so it would be important to
help them recover and not to push them away because their behaviour
became toxic for some time (as long as the time investment for that is
not overarching).

Overall it’s about keeping the community together despite the
knowledge that some of us might actually be aggressors or influenced
from the outside to disrupt our work.

I wrote a bit more on that, including what got me to write it, in

    De-Orchestrating Freenet with the QUEEN program
    What if Poul-Henning Kamp was right?
    http://draketo.de/english/freenet/de-orchestrating-phk

I hope you enjoyed reading the text, and I’m looking forward to keep
working with you.

Best wishes,
Arne