Ian Clarke writes:
> When I've raised the subject of a website redesign in the past, the only
> voices
> I heard in response were opposed to it.
> But it appears that some people agreed with me yet remained silent at the
> time,
> giving me the misleading impression that I had a minority view.

I did not remain silent. A year ago I said we should not do it *right
now* (an embargo). A few months ago I said it needs to be done right.

This is what I also said today.

One way to do it right would be to make a new *landing page*, i.e.
https://get.freenetproject.org

That would keep all existing inbound links working and avoid putting
more work on volunteers.

Best wishes,
Arne
--