On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 1:54 PM, Bert Massop <bert.mas...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for sharing the designs.
>
> #1 webDAE: Someone hurt the big rabbit on the right. Poor thing, having its
> leg clipped.

Yeah, gave him that feedback already.

> Color scheme looks solid, although it could use a bit more contrast.
> I'm not at all convinced by the giant curve on the home page. It could
> work, but this is too much of a good thing.
> The "what Freenet stands for" section feels a bit uninviting and
> text-heavy.
> The get started page just feels empty, almost like 1996 webdesign with CSS
> applied.

We'll need to do the copy, consider any text to be placeholders.

> #4 Design Injector: This feels like our current design with a facelift
> applied. Several elements are reused — so far "don't use it for
> inspiration".
> That said, I like the facelift in general. This looks modern, I like the
> footer. The use of an additional red as a signal color is a good find. The
> header menu is copypasta and serves no purpose other than to clutter the
> page IMHO. "Our clients say" is pretty much irrelevant to our business.

Yeah, he took our current design and improved it significantly, but it
looks a bit corporate to me, sort of like the kind of page Oracle would
have for a product.  Don't worry about the copy, that will all change.

> #3 Esmili: I like the simplicity of the header menu. Download button stands
> out well. Other than that, there's not much positive to say about this
> design. It's cold, cluttered and uninviting.

Yes, actually somewhat reminiscent of a design we had years ago.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ian.