On Fri, 2016-08-19 at 22:31 -0400, Steve Dougherty wrote:
> On 08/12/2016 04:00 PM, Florent Daigniere wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 2016-08-11 at 14:28 +0000, Ian Clarke wrote:
> > >
> > > Why don't you set a date since you're the one that would do it?
> >

> > I have created https://github.com/freenet/wiki/wiki ... and will
> > remove the old wikis as soon as we deploy the new website design.
>
> Huh? Why?

Because that's what the boss said we should do... and it took me 30s.

> There's a bunch of documentation on the wikis already - what's
> the reasoning for
>
> 1. changing wiki platforms (making administration GitHub's problem
> and responsibility?)

Ian has used another argument: github's syntax is trendier.

But yes, you have made my points.

> 2. not transitioning existing documentation (licensing?)

I have made it clear that I don't have the will-power to do
it. mrsteveman1 apparently does, so a lot of progress has been made in
that area already, thanks to his efforts.

I did mention to Ian that moving the wiki to another engine is yet-
another-recurring thread (just like "the website design sucks"), where
in last iteration concerns were raised regarding the licensing of some
of the content. Apparently no one cares, so why should I?

> This seems like discarding lots of work - especially about FCP and
> GSoC projects.

It doesn't have to be; help with the migration if you care.

Florent