On 2016-08-22 03:41, Chris Double wrote:
On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 12:31 PM,  <ban...@openmailbox.org> wrote:
Also I am looking for more hybrid noderefs I can document for our users who want to connect over OnionCat. Please consider adding them by default so
there would be less hoops for them to jump through.

I've not been able to get opennet connections working using the
onioncat approach. I think there may be code checking if IPs are local
addresses of some sort (which onioncat addresses trigger) preventing
it. Even entering a noderef in the "connect to strangers" box fails to
connect in any way. Darknet is working fine but that requires both
parties to swap noderefs. I'm happy to make my hybrid node noderefs
public if it helps, but they'd need to then send me their noderef
somehow. It's hard for them to do that over freenet if they haven't
been able to connect via freenet. Should I just list them in the
Whonix wiki?

I see. Is this the same for seed nodes? I guess even a Tor only Darknet is still very useful. Yes please add them and then we can explain limitations.

I've done a quick search and apparently local address support must be enabled. Does it help?

https://old-wiki.freenetproject.org/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

Q: I have two nodes on the same LAN, they won't connect - how do I fix this?
A: On both nodes:

    Enable Advanced Mode (under fproxy in the config page)
Enable "Include local addresses in noderef" (under node; won't show up until advanced darknet is enabled). Go to the Darknet page, find the node you are trying to connect to, click on the checkbox on the left, and page down to the end of the table. Click on the "Select action" box, select "On selected peers, set allowLocalAddresses", and then click Go.

The nodes should connect now.