In hindsight I perhaps went overboard.  I'll lend a hand in bringing
the tools back in line so that they may compile under MSVC.

With this in mind; it would be easier to maintain the code if the
Windows specifics (like #define determining whether to use sleep(x,y)
or Sleep(x)) were placed in a seperate file.  This file could be called
fcpWin something or other and define functions like __sleep(x,y) which
will compile into another function on WIN.

Then all the code will look more linear, the Windows specifics will be
in a seperate file, and all of us will be happy.  I'll of course work
on this myself if desired.

Note that it isn't necessary to break things out as much as they were.
For example, if you use a dir seperation char '/', it will work the
same in the Win32 api as well as Unix; according to MSDN.  The only
main difference is LaunchThread (threads aren't easily portable).  I
think even the file _open functions could be made linear and compile
within MSVC.

advice?

--
Jay Oliveri                                "In the land of the blind,
Systems Architect                           the one-eyed man is king."