I got the new windows installer and experienced the
same problem with it not creating the flaunch.ini
correctly.  However, in the log, it says the file size
is 1075 which is the correct size.  So, somewhere
along the way the flaunch.ini is getting overwritten.
Here is an excerpt from the install.log:

Call: 13
Jump: 30
IfFileExists: file "C:\Program
Files\Java\j2re1.4.0_01\bin\java.exe" exists, jumping
0
WriteINIStr: wrote [Freenet Launcher]
JavaExec=C:\Program
Files\Java\j2re1.4.0_01\bin\java.exe in C:\Program
Files\Freenet0.5 pre5\FLaunch.ini
IfFileExists: file "C:\Program
Files\Java\j2re1.4.0_01\bin\javaw.exe" exists, jumping
0
WriteINIStr: wrote [Freenet Launcher] Javaw=C:\Program
Files\Java\j2re1.4.0_01\bin\javaw.exe in C:\Program
Files\Freenet0.5 pre5\FLaunch.ini
Jump: 54

Could it be that this WriteINIStr is being called
wrong and is overwriting the file instead of just
adding the two options?  Another thing I noticed is
that in the flaunch.ini that I am using (from CVS)
JavaExec and Javaw do not have any capital letters in
them.  Could this possibly be messing it up?  Try to
modify the script so that it writes out javaexec and
javaw instead.

Hopefully, I have been helpful.  I would really like
to see an 0.5 release with the windows installer
included.

--Reuben