Dave Hooper schrieb:

> > > Yeh could someone PLEASE GIVE ME A FUCKING BUG REPORT PLEASE?
> >
> > Could someone READ THE FUCKING BUG REPORTS PLEASE?
>
> My reference was to 'The Fucking Windows Shit'.

So was mine. If you shout, I shout back.

> Which bug(s) is/are referred to as The Fucking Windows Shit (or is
> that just the general impression of all of the Windows support software?)

For most linux users that might be the case.

> Did you test it
> after I made the change?

I tested it after you mailed me a version and I told you by mail

Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:58:44 +0100
From: Michael Schierl <schierlm-pub...@gmx.de>
To: Dave Hooper <dave at beermex.com>
Subject: Re: [freenet-dev] Re: Updated freenet.exe

that it did not help. Then there was no further reply from you. However,
i fetched new freenet.exe with every new build. (as the updater does
so.) So I decided not to answer again as you don't seem to have
time/$whatever.

> I saw your proposed solution but I didn't like it - it smacks too much of
> working around Microsoft's problems which isn't really the issue here.

okay, if javaw does not make problems on 2k, it's no prob. And I thought
all that change was cuz javaw did rubbish on 2k.

> Did you try the latest freenet.exe yet  (I think I announced it yesterday)?
> Did you offer constructive advice over whether that works for you or not?

I read your announcement after the message i replied. the latest version
works for me.

mihi

btw: could you change the installer that it does not put a new freenet
link to the startup folder whenever I do node update. Less than 20% of
my windows boots i'm connected to the net, so it's more work for me to
close it in 80% of the cases (a JVM needs quite some RAM) than starting
it in 20%. thx.