> btw: could you change the installer that it does not put a new freenet
> link to the startup folder whenever I do node update. Less than 20% of
> my windows boots i'm connected to the net, so it's more work for me to
> close it in 80% of the cases (a JVM needs quite some RAM) than starting
> it in 20%. thx.

Tick the "do not create Start Menu shortcuts" (or whatever it's called) in
the webinstaller and it won't create the shortcuts...  in the next update of
the webinstaller this will be more user-friendly (a 'simple' installation
would just preserve your existing settings, a 'custom' installation would
ask you more questions like this).