The original purpose of the page was to allow
 people that need a gateway, because of lack
 of a local node, to find easily a working gateway.

But in fact it can be use as diagnostic tool, and
 modified accordingly.

But there is a problem; the data comes from the fproxy
 page, so the node must be public.

And if a node act as public gateway *must* be SSL tunneled,
 for the users privacy.

Maybe we can split the page in two; one for SSL gateway
 and one for public, non-SSL ones.

Leonardo Giacomelli, the Gw page author & mantainer,
 read this in cc:

Leo, what is your opinion ?

Ciao.   Marco

--
+     il  Progetto Freenet - segui il coniglio bianco        +
*     the Freenet  Project - follow the  white rabbit        *