At 22.49 09/05/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Am 09.05.2003 20:22:34, schrieb Erendil at aol.com:
>
>>  Mmm, yeah. Question. Someone explain to me how to set it up for SSL, because
>>  I run a public gateway... (gentoo linux)
>
>AFAIK Marco was talking about an SSL-Gateway to FProxy:

Exactly

>User points browser to https://....., this SSL-server redirects access to
>FProxy (port 8888). This way the connection browser-FProxy is SSL-
>encrypted (normal case: only local connection, no encryption, standard
>HTTP)
>
>Google founds this document:
>http://www.firenze.linux.it/~giannibi/fn_chroot_2.1.txt
>
>It's written in Italian and it describes the handling with
>Freenet0.4 . IMHO it should also work for Freenet0.5.
>(-> like https://freenet.homelinux.net/servlet/nodeinfo/ )
>
>Marco: Do you know a newer version of this document?

A newer version of this document (still in Italian) is
 on the freesite of Winston Smith Project; you find it
 on TFE or SSK at Dgg5lJQu-WO905TrlZ0LjQHXDdIPAgM/pws/8//
 in the Documenti section.

WSP still search Italian -> English translators, the only page
 translated is the home.

You can find a web mirror www.winstonsmith.info

Installing a tunneled GW is easy

- Install openssl & stunnel sw

- create a certificate for the user that runs fred
  (fnet in this example)

----- CUT HERE -----

#!/bin/sh -e

echo If you want your certificate to expire after x days call this program
echo with "-days x"

export RANDFILE=/dev/random
openssl req $@ \
  -new -x509 -nodes -out /etc/ssl/certs/fnet.pem \
  -keyout /etc/ssl/certs/fnet.pem
chown root.nogroup /etc/ssl/certs/fnet.pem
chmod 640 /etc/ssl/certs/fnet.pem

----- CUT HERE -----

adjust paths to match your openssl installation,
 if necessary

The document you refer use a more sophisticated approach
 using xinetd to launch stunnel on demand.
You can simply run this as root, maybe adding is line at the
 end of rc.local

/usr/local/sbin/stunnel -s fnrun -d 0.0.0.0:443 -r \
 localhost:8888  -p /usr/lib/ssl/certs/stunnel.pem

- you need to block the 8888 port via a firewall, or at least
 putting

mainport.allowedHosts=127.0.0.1

in freenet.conf, to block it at the application level.

Your SSL gateway can now be reached using

https://host.domain.tld

 only if you use the 443 port; if not you need to specify the port

https://host.domain.tld:portnumber

HTH.   Marco

--
+     il  Progetto Freenet - segui il coniglio bianco        +
*     the Freenet  Project - follow the  white rabbit        *