We should add some more index sites.
Currently we only have the Darknet Index:
USK at
PFeLTa1si2Ml5sDeUy7eDhPso6TPdmw-2gWfQ4Jg02w,3ocfrqgUMVWA2PeorZx40TW0c-FiIOL-TWKQHoDbVdE,AQABAAE/Index/40/index.html

The problem with this is it hasn't been updated in ages.

There is the public index (which is always up to date, it seems), but
IMHO it would be unwise to link to something which is globally writable;
somebody may replace it with a redirect to the goat man, or worse, in the
middle of us being /.ed or doing a major release.
USK at
60I8H8HinpgZSOuTSD66AVlIFAy-xsppFr0YCzCar7c,NzdivUGCGOdlgngOGRbbKDNfSCnjI0FXjHLzJM4xkJ4,AQABAAE/index/83/

Then there is Indicia. This has activelinks, but offensive activelinks
are censored. It has descriptions for every site, although some of them
are ambiguous, and it is categorised. And it's updated regularly. A first
time user browsing Indicia will only run into porn if they want it, and
as far as I can see there is no outrageous child porn at the moment, and
even if there was it would almost certainly be labelled properly.

USK at
c55vMxUl-T-lD3nv0iOaXF%7eG1hnY6pOMRbzZSwACMmY%2cyd8%7euwUmGm164-ipStoiBOJVjkbbYXJMlD%7eH5ftPxIA%2cAQABAAE/Indicia/31/

And there is Another Index. This is uncensored, no pictures, with no
manual descriptions, although it may be manually categorised. The
problem is that on the Porn section it links to a site called "kp",
without explaining the (sadly well-known amongst freenet users) acronym.

USK at
e4TEIN5l1nkn6kjl63XBgYTYobmwGvtnyK2YW0b0ajo,hv-2~OfetXkb0FhDuPxorWIf0wXeZKPEfdIhwyh-mhk,AQABAAE/AnotherIndex/27/

Which of these should we put on our homepage? Ian has stated that our
policy must be to link to those indexes which will best help users to
find content, without prejudice to the nature of that content. Indicia
scores very high on this count, by virtue of having descriptions. IMHO
another, related requirement we should impose is that newbies won't run
into child porn without being warned about it at some stage.

So should we include AnotherIndex, or not? If we do, should we include a
warning that it doesn't provide descriptions and there may be
objectionable content? If we're going to put warnings on, should we
include the Public Index as well?