* bbackde at googlemail.com <bbackde at googlemail.com> [2007-05-01 18:50:31]:

> You may be right. But the problem is that the request seem to stall
> internally without to fail or to do anything else. And this is not ok.

Agreed.

> So now we know that reregisterAll helps, nothing new but its an info :)

It's worthless; getting new blocks doesn't mean you got blocks you were
requesting before you rescheduled the task... It could be new ones.

> Some solution would be nice.

Any bugfix is always nice to have :)

> Toad siad this is hard to debug, but if we check the various user reports
> then many users seem to have this problem.

I do think that it is hard to debug as well... and I don't think that
user reports can help us with that matter :| by replying I was willing
to acknowledge the fact that it's a known bug and that changing the
priority is likely to speed things up; That doesn't mean I know how to
fix the root cause of the problem.

We need to catch the bug; implementing a hack (like starting more requests,
rescheduling everything on a regular basis, implementing some stateful
tracking of started requests) would only be a workaround.