* Julien Cornuwel <batosai at freenetproject.org> [2008-08-08 13:52:15]:

> Hi,
>
> A user (on IRC, french channel) suggested that we made the
> configuration/wizard clearer about the choice of opennet.
>
> He didn't understand that he could start with opennet, get some
> connections with his friends and then stop opennet. He thought it was
> either full-darknet or full-opennet and he had to choose.
>
> Regards,

The user is right:
You seems to be missunderstanding the issue here: as soon as you've ticked
the opennet box, your node will announce and your ISP (if smart enough) will
know that you are running freenet.

Switching to darknet afterwards won't help: your isp knows that you're
running freenet and that's probably all he needs.

NextGen$