>  2. Ship a copy of Portable Firefox (~ 6MB), or some other self contained
>  browser. Find some way to auto-update it.

>  Anyone got any better ideas?

What about Prism?

http://labs.mozilla.com/featured-projects/#prism

As far as I know, you can create Shortcuts and run webapplications in
a Firefox window configuring things like the toolbars, icons, if it
shows in the traybar. Maybe can be configured with the needed setings
and create a shortcut to Fproxy in the Desktop.

At work, we install this in our clients workstations: point to our web
application, removing all bars (specially the "Back" button in
heavy-AJAX intefaces) and placing an icon in the Desktop (instead of a
bookmark) was usefull.

Saludos,
Caco_Patane <!>