On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Matthew Toseland
<toad at amphibian.dyndns.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 05 April 2009 15:55:38 Daniel Cheng wrote:
>> Building untrusted binaries is not really impossible --
>> I have known some people running public build service with sandbox
>> for long. But these kind of service have high maintenance cost ...
>
> Well, no sandbox is perfect, and right now unit test changes are not so
> common...

Steve Hazel, former freenetter (way back around 2000-2001), built
this: http://codepad.org/.  It lets you run code in a variety of
languages in a robust sandbox.

He doesn't support Java because the JVM insists on starting other
threads, but he may have some advice for us about how to reasonably
sandbox a javac process.

If anyone is interested, I'm sure he'd be responsive to an email - his
addr is sah at codepad.org

Ian.

--
Ian Clarke