On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 03:04:31 +0200
Cl?ment <cvollet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le vendredi 07 ao?t 2009 00:38:50, Matthew Toseland a ?crit :
> > On Thursday 06 August 2009 22:18:59 Cl?ment wrote:
> > > Le jeudi 06 ao?t 2009 21:27:41, Matthew Toseland a ?crit :

> > > Is there any defined roadmap for 0.8 yet ? If not, it might be good to
> > > clear things up, and decides which features are must have and which
> > > aren't. For instance, a F2F proxy is a great idea, but it's another
> > > feature plan on top of an already good filled list. It gives the
> > > impression of unconsistency (I said "impression" ;) )
> >
> > Well, it is low cost and high impact IMHO...
> >
> RIght.
> > > (Also, I'm not on irc since a while, so I don't know what's really
> > > happening, so if this question has already been answered, just ignore me
> > > :) )
> >
> > Okay, this is my current view, but other people may have different views...
> >
> > What is definitely in: (I will be very unhappy about releasing if these are
> > not resolved) - Work so far.
> > - Bloom filter sharing.
> > - Freetalk and/or WoT. I will assist p0s to break any blockages, but at the
> > moment it is still essentially his project. - Workarounds for the recent
> > AES issues.
> > - Means to download the latest installer from a Freenet node.
> >
> > What is definitely out: (postponed to 0.9 or later)
> > - Transport plugins.
> > - Encrypted tunnels.
> > - Passive requests.
> >
> > GSoC stuff:
> > - sashee's work on dynamic UI should be part of 0.8 hopefully.
> > - mikeb's work on XMLLibrarian is already part of it to some degree, more
> > will be. - ljb's work on f2f stuff is partly merged and more will be.
> Will that be sufficient to change the friends ui ?
> I was thinking of that :
> http://doc-fr.freenetproject.org/Fproxy_mockup#My_Friends_.21
> in particular.

Adding profile information is not hard. But I don't think that it is a
good idea to let strangers see the profile, even if it can be made
optional. It is bad enough that strangers knows our IP.

This could probably be implemented relatively quickly. I can implement
this if I have time over.

The chat functionality could be improved. At the moment when a text
message is received an UserAlert is registered. It's quite easy to let
each received text message be an event. The alert on the alerts page
could be a summary of all sent and received text messages. I can also
implement this if I have time over.

It's less than two week left of GSoC. However I can always implement
this after GSoC. It is a day or two of days of work at most.