Matthew Toseland skrev:
> On Tuesday 13 January 2009 00:11, Zero3 wrote:
>
>> Matthew Toseland skrev:

>>> The disk space limits are probably a bit low. IIRC the minimum datastore
>>>
> size
>
>>> is 256MB...
>>>
>>> "a little amount" should be a "a small amount"
>>>

>> Wording fixed.
>>
>> The current calculations are:
>> Raw requirement: 100 MB datastore + 7 MB approx. size of other files
>> installed
>> Requirement with reserve: Raw requirement + 512 MB
>>
>> The reason I use 100 MB is that it's the last thing I heard. A fresh
>> test installs shows a datastore folder of 103 MB, so I guess it's
>> actually 100 MB + overhead?
>>

> The current autoconfig for datastore size has a minimum of 256MB.

Fixed then.

>> Problems:
>> 1) How do we know which node the user wants to load the reference into?
>> Do we search for all installed nodes and popup some kind of selection
>> GUI? Or do we pick the first/last (or arandom :P) installed node?
>>

> IMHO the first node is fine. So is the last node. Most users won't have
> multiple nodes.
>

>> 2) If the node is installed on machine A, the client on machine B will
>> obviously not have the associations, unless he manually installs them.
>>

> So what?
>
>> It would also take some work to adapt the association to the new nounce
>> stuff, as the associations would have to be updated by the installer
>> when the URL nounce is turned on (how do we even do that?) - or we could
>> perhaps pass it through the launcher or something (atm. we seem to
>> execute a .jar that opens an URL directly. Maybe that one can be patched
>> instead?).
>>

> I thought it used an FCP app?

I might have remembered wrong. We do this in the current Java installer:

@FTYPE fref_auto_file="$JAVA_HOME\bin\javaw.exe" -cp
"$INSTALL_PATH\freenet.jar" freenet.tools.AddRef "%%1" > NUL

I'm not sure if "freenet.tools.AddRef" silently adds the reference or
also gives some kind of visual feedback?

I'd still prefer keeping the ref adding to fproxy, but that's just me I
guess.

- Zero3