Le mercredi 15 juillet 2009 21:24:06, Colin Davis a ?crit :
> > It turns out to be easier to just generate it and post it here:
> >
> > http://amphibian.dyndns.org/freenet/newsite/
> >
> > Is it acceptable? Can we deploy it on the main site?
>
> That does look very slick.
> Two quick thoughts-
>        * It might be nice to include multiple screenshots, and link them
> together with a transition.
>           This is easy to do with existing javascript toolkits-
> http://www.electricprism.com/aeron/slideshow/

I'm not a fan of slideshow, but I agree that the current presentation needs
reworking (I think we could do something like mozilla do for firefox, i.e. one
screenshot per major feature). But I think that the current situation is an
improvement, so I don't see this as a blocking point (but it's surely an
important one).
>        * If the user is on windows (Detectable using
> http://www.quirksmode.org/js/detect.html), we should link the Download
> button directly to
> http://freenet.googlecode.com/files/FreenetInstaller-1222.exe

This one is really simple to do, so I think I'll implement it really soon.
If we implement this though, do we have to keep the download page, or just
move the installation instructions in a subitem under help (and on the page
we'll redirect the user to after a download) ?
> Having to click on the Download button, then realize it's not
> downloading, and find the "Windows Instructions" might be difficult for
> some users.
> Ideally, when clicking the link, it would start the download, then
> redirect to a page that says "Freenet is now downloading. If there is a
> problem click [here] to  start the download again. Note for first time
> users/... etc, etc"
>
> -Colin

However, the most important right now is : does it display right for everyone,
is there any broken link, ...
In short, is there any regression regarding the current website ?