Luke771 skrev:
> The only thing I can do here is to translate the string to the
> equivalent of "please check the following default settings before
> continuing", leaving out 'with the installation of freenet' (what else
> should they be continuing anyway?)
> The string would become:

You may rephrase all you want. Whatever works the best in your language!
It doesn't have to be word-by-word at all.

> "Please check the following default settings before continuing
> with the installation of Freenet.", "Si prega di controllare le seguenti
> impostazioni di default prima di continuare"

Committed.

>> 2)
>> Trans_Add("Freenet requires at least ", "Freenet necessita di almeno")
>> Trans_Add(" MB free disk space, but will not install with less than ",
>> "MB di spazio disponibile su disco, ma non pu? essere installato con
>> meno di")
>> Trans_Add(" MB of free space. The amount of space reserved can be changed
>> after
>> installation.", "MB a disposizione. Lo spazio su disco riservato a
>> Freenet pu? essere[*] cambiato dopo l'installazione")
>>
> Trasnlating to the equivalent of "Freenet needs"
>  "  MB free on disk. The minimim required to install is"
> "MB. This setting can be changed after the installation" [completes])
>
> Trans_Add("Freenet requires at least ", "Freenet necessita di")
> Trans_Add(" MB free disk space, but will not install with less than ",
> "MB liberi su disco, Minimo necessario per installare")
> Trans_Add(" MB. .", "MB a disposizione. Questa impostazione pu? essere[*]
> cambiata dopo l'installazione")

Committed.

>> 3)
>> Trans_Add("Freenet Installer has detected that you already have Freenet
>> installed. Your current installation was installed using an older,
>> unsupported installer. To continue, you must first uninstall your
>> current version of Freenet using the previously created uninstaller:",
>> "Il Programma di Installazione di Freenet ha rilevato una copia di
>> Freenet installata con un programma di installazione obsoleto e non pi?
>> supportato. Per continuare ? necessario rimuovere le copia di Freenet
>> attualmente installata, usando lo script di disinstallazione[*] generato
>> a suo tempo")
>>

> Translating to the equivalent of:
> (don't worry about the horrible English syntax, it does work in Italian)
> " Freenet Installer detected the presence of a previous Freenet
> installation. Please remove the currently installed version before
> continuing"
>
> "Freenet Installer has detected that you already have Freenet
> installed. Your current installation was installed using an older,
> unsupported installer. To continue, you must first uninstall your
> current version of Freenet using the previously created uninstaller:",
> "Il Programma di Installazione di Freenet ha rilevato l'esistenza  di una
> precedente installazione di
> Freenet. Si Prega di rimuovere[*] l'attuale installazione prima di continuare"

Whoa - that's too short! I placed the "[*]" to let you know where the
max was, but now your translation is over a line less than max (=
leaving a blank line in the GUI). Can you add a few words again? ;)

- Zero3