On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 11:15 PM, Ed Tomlinson <edt at aei.ca> wrote:
> On Saturday 31 October 2009 11:13:35 Ed Tomlinson wrote:
>> Some data for you. ?Months ago I enlarged by store from 16G to 32G. ?My CHK
>> Store is now using 8.35G, the CHK cache uses 14.9G (its full). ?This implies
>> that we add to the cache at a very slow rate. ?I would be templed to
>> simulate random routing AND decreasing the HTL such that it starts caching
>> eariler (eg decrease the threshold by more than the number of hops randomly
>> routed).
>>

> In the few days since 1239 went live my store has reached 9.12G and the cache
> has remained constant. ?One interesting thing to note. ?The write rates seem
> a bit strange.
>
> ? Writes ? 12,466 ? 1,182
> ? Access Rate ? 2.67 /s ? 2.36 /s
> ? Write Rate ? 0.12 /s ? 0.01 /s
>
> The store write rate has jumped and the cache rate fallen. ?This seems a
> little strange? ?Should not we always be caching more than storing?

This is the expected behavior.  Cache data can now be put in the store
(and marked accordingly).  Once your store is as full as your cache,
rates will begin returning to normal.  They'll return completely to
normal once your store is full of store data.  See bug 2933.

Note also that 1239 is putting more data into the store than before;
see bug 3514.

Evan Daniel