xor wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 October 2009 18:43:24 Ximin Luo wrote:
>> My first thoughts are that this sort of thing is probably more useful in
>> environments where people are in close physical and temporal proximity to
>> each other (eg. an office).
>>
>> The freenet project is made up of people scattered all over the world; most
>> of the development does not occur in parallel by multiple developers in
>> real time.
That is always a problem for real time collaboration, especially if the
people strongly distributed and too few to find together at the same
time. I don't know how many you are and how distributed, but sometimes
people know each other or live near each other and than it can be done.

> I second that.
>
> Though it would be useful if we had the capability to mark code as reviewed
> line-by-line in the git repository. Imagine some color-coded display of the
> source code: The more people have reviewed a certain line of code, the more
> it
> becomes dark green. Not reviewed code would be red.

Ok, that would be a nice feature, but I think this can't be done with
Saros. That means it can be done but only in realtime, e.g. 4 people in
a session can see which line is review by whom.
> But anything which requires live interaction between developers won't work,
> we
> all work at different times of day.

Ok, now that is clear. Saros can just be used in real time.

Greets, Eike