On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Matthew Toseland <
toad at amphibian.dyndns.org> wrote:

> On Saturday 20 February 2010 21:33:17 Christian Funder Sommerlund wrote:
> > sbc @ #freenet noted this. This seems to be an upgrade mistake? Surely
> > we should allow everyone to view the bug tracker, and not only people
> > logged in?
>
> No. Bugs often contain things like email addresses which while not strictly
> confidential can be of use to spammers. I agree we should always make them
> private but sometimes we mess up and the damage is much less if we require
> registration just to access the tracker.

Practically every other open source project on the planet (including all
Google Code projects) make their bugtracker viewable without registration.
 I don't think there is anything sufficiently different about us that we
should diverge from common practice in a way that inconveniences people as
this does.

--
Ian Clarke
CEO, SenseArray