Except for those manually updating like me or those running without the
wrapper.  Interesting idea though.  I wonder how many manually update?  From
my casual  observations 90% of nodes are updated within 2 hours of Toad
pushing a new version into the network.
On Nov 4, 2010 1:29 PM, "Gerard Krol" <gerard at gerardkrol.nl> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Matthew Toseland
> <toad at amphibian.dyndns.org> wrote:
>> On Friday 29 October 2010 17:24:30 Robert Hailey wrote:
>>> It's too bad that there is not a way to experiment on the whole
>>> network without negatively effecting it; e.g. it would be *very* bad
>>> if a routing change prevented update-over-freenet. I guess we could
>>> run two parallell networks, but would require reduplicating much code.
>>
>> Update Over Mandatory means auto-update will work in *almost* all cases
unless we *really* mess things up in e.g. the transport layer or
announcement.