Cool..  Done

-----Original Message-----
From: devl-bounces at freenetproject.org
[mailto:devl-boun...@freenetproject.org] On Behalf Of xor
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2011 2:26 PM
To: Discussion of development issues
Subject: Re: [freenet-dev] Seednodes: Removing me and need more!

> I've been lurking for some time and I'm looking for a good way to
> contribute.  If running a seed node helps then I'm all for it
>
> I currently have several machines running freenet of which I would be
> happy to use as a seednode.  My question is, what makes a good seednode?

Mandatory:
- Having a static IP adress or a dynamic DNS host (which you should tell
Freenet in the configuration about).
- Opennet port needs to be forwarded / open

Optional:
- It shouldn't be to poor with upstream bandwidth. I'd say 30 KiB/s and upwards.
- It might cause quite some CPU usage, you will have to observe whether CPu is
enough

We could really need seednodes so please consider it :)