On Friday 02 Sep 2011 18:20:02 Ian Clarke wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 8:00 AM, Matthew Toseland <toad at
> amphibian.dyndns.org
> > wrote:
>
> > WE NEED MORE DATA.
> >

> Well, my gut tells me that our existing scheme is likely too complicated to
> fix unless we are extremely fortuitous, however I'm happy to be wrong about
> that if others think that they have a good understanding of why we're having
> problems and how to fix them.

And my gut tells me that scrapping 6 months work sucks, especially when the
current performance appears to be well below what it was when I started to
deploy NLM, so we should try to salvage it, especially as anything new will
probably take another 6 months to argue about, design, simulate, tweak and
generally get right.

Funny how gut feelings can be so subjective! ;)