On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Evan Daniel <evanbd at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Ian Clarke <ian at freenetproject.org>
> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Evan Daniel <evanbd at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dumb question time: how would I go about searching for hypothetical
>>> freenet tasks on gun.io?
>>

>> Right now there are only 10 open source gigs listed:?http://gun.io/open/
>>
>> I think we'd probably need to attract attention to any gigs we list, perhaps
>> with an appropriate post on reddit.com/r/programming.
>>

>>> Can anyone post a job for Freenet, or only project admins? How is
>>> payment handled?
>>

>> Perhaps Rich can answer this or provide a pointer to an explanation.
>>

>>> Also, if it works, I think this would be an excellent use of FPI money.
>>

>> I agree, especially since Matthew isn't burning too many hours on Freenet
>> these days.
>
> I haven't actually tried posting a gig, but I'd be happy to set up a
> few issues as tests, including putting up a little cash for bounties.
> I'll do that tonight or tomorrow depending on time.
>
> Is there a way for additional people to add money to an open source
> gig? Eg, if I set up an issue with a $30 bounty, can someone else add
> another $30 to the same gig easily?
>
> Evan

OK, I created a pair of simple Freenet gigs. If it works, I might post more.
http://gun.io/open/30/freenet-node-diagnostics-page
http://gun.io/open/31/fix-freenet-network-usage-stats

To answer my own questions:

I don't see any way to search. Anyone can post a gig for any project.
Anyone can add more money to an existing gig.

All in all, it looks simple and effective. Neat.

Evan Daniel