On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Leah Hicks <korii.roxx at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry about that last message; I must have hit a keyboard shortcut for the
> send button in gmail. Here's the correct message:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm a freelance web designer and I'm interested in redesigning Freenet's
> home page. It looks kind of out dated compared to most modern sites, not to
> mention it's using the rather out dated HTML 4 Transitional doctype.
> Although not exactly supported yet by some browsers, I assume that most of
> your userbase uses Chrome, Firefox, or Opera, which have support for all the
> new HTML 5 tags and CSS3 selectors. Mainly I just want to tidy the site up.
>
> Here's my portfolio:?http://kori-designs.com
>
> My primary suggestions are:
>
> - Update the site to HTML5 and CSS3
> - Change the top menu to be less cramped, possible move certain items to a
> sidebar
> - Make new buttons for Download / Donate
> - General restyling of the site to look cleaner and easier to read.
>
> Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated, and again sorry
> for the last message! ^^

I like this idea.

If we update to HTML5/CSS3, will older browsers manage ok? I don't
have a problem with outdated insecure browsers producing a lower
quality result, but I'd like to be certain they won't break
completely.

In general, usability and design improvements are something we would
very much like help with.

Evan Daniel