Hi,

Registration for Google Summer of Code 2021 for Organizations is open.
Will we take part?

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/

We need an „official representative“ of the project to register, which
would be Ian?

I started a list of interesting tasks in the wiki and on a Freesite
https://github.com/freenet/wiki/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-2021
USK@1e~oSIunnUl4nWEdyZBLjYMGt1IladVmY7GhXnfmHRw,hAhN74IAmm2Eo5Qkr6ZCEcG3MVBEexrbFXBp61W3jcI,AQACAAE/gsoc-2021/2/

The ones that I see as most impactful on the short term now that we have
a mobile app in FDroid (yay DC*!) are content filters for
- ogg opus,
- vp9, and
- av1

Those would make the upcoming in-browser streaming fast enough that
freesites can provide video-on-demand in HD-quality.

In addition anything that can add features from icicles to the mobile
node: https://github.com/freenet-mobile/app

Best wishes,
Arne
--