Hi,

There is already a pretty nice collection of changes in the pipeline for
1494 (see https://github.com/freenet/fred/pulls ), but four of the
pull-requests still need a review to be able to release:

- randomize pitch black defense times
  https://github.com/freenet/fred/pull/747
  (this one is important for the long-term viability of Freenet!)

- m3u-player: more robust sizes, do not use overlay for audio.
  https://github.com/freenet/fred/pull/768
  (this enables *convenient* samizdat radio on Freesites!)

- add opens jvmargs when building on java 17
  https://github.com/freenet/fred/pull/769
  (important to have an easier start for new contributors)

- remove old unconditional logging line
  https://github.com/freenet/fred/pull/770
  (that’s a simple cleanup)

Please look into them — I cannot review them myself, because I added
them, and we need at least four eyes on every change for basic safety.

Also if you have some knowledge about our RequestStarter logic, please
have a look at https://github.com/freenet/fred/pull/777/files

According to Trivuele that improves throttling of local requests
significantly, because the existing logic was pretty inconsistent over
time, but I don’t understand the old logic well enough to see whether
the old behavior was a bug or whether there was a point to it.

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein